If your DirectTV remote is not responding well or having some type of issue that is not resolving. It’s a common problem, that happens to everyone. If you are searching for a possible solution to this problem, then you are in the right place.
In this, article we will give you some solutions, that can help you to get rid of this issue. Also, we will assist you in how you can factory reset DirecTV remote to fix the majority of the fixes. After resetting your DirecTV remote, how can you re-pair the DirecTV remote?
Type of DirecTV Remote Controls
Currently, DirecTV offers 2 main types of TV remotes, the first is called Universal Remote and the second one is called Genie Remote. The Universal DirecTV remote supports almost all types of DirectTV. While Genie Remote supports only Genie DirecTV.
This guide is valid for both Genie & Universal DirecTV. So, it did not matter, whether you have a Genie DirecTV remote or Universal Remote Control.
How to Soft Reset DirecTV Genie Remote Control?
Sometimes a soft reset can fix most of the problems. So, we recommend you just try soft resetting your Genie remote before actually factory resetting. To do that, follow the procedure listed below:
- Just hit the Menu button on your Genie Remote.
- Navigate towards Settings & press the Select button on your remote.
- Next, you have to select the Pair/Program Remote option.
- After that Pair your remote by entering the pairing code.
How to Factory Reset DirecTV Genie Remote Control?
If you are experiencing issues with your DirecTV Genie remote control, then follow the instructions below to factory reset DirecTV Genie Remote:
- Press and hold the Mute & Select button until the remote light blinks 2 times.
- Next, you have to enter the Genie Code 981, after entering the code the remote light blinks 1 times red and 4 times green.
- After that, your Genie remote has successfully reset.
Pair DirecTV Genie Remote
After resetting your DirecTV remote will no longer work. You have to pair the DirecTV Remote again. So follow the steps to pair a direct TV remote:
- Press any key a couple of times, until your TV responds and displays a message your TV Key’s not Programmed.
- Then select Program Remote from the TV, by using your Genie Remote.
- Next, you have to press and hold the Mute & Enter at the same time to go into RF mode. Don’t release the buttons until you see a success message on the TV screen.
- Again Choose Program remote from the TV screen, and press the select button.
- Choose Change TV and press the select button. After that, it will take some time to set up and once the process is complete you have successfully paired your DirecTV remote.
The DirecTV remote is not working after Factory Reset
If your DirecTV remote is still creating issues. It may be an external hardware issue. So we recommend you buy a new one or try to reset your DirecTV receiver. Just press the red button, which is located at the bottom side of your DirecTV receiver. However, the majority of the issues are resolved by just a simple reset.
Other Smart TV Guides
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.