Are you tired of using the default web browser on Android TV? Want to enhance your Android TV web browsing experience to the next level? Then UC Browser is the perfect choice for you, its lightning-fast browsing speed, Cloud Sync, Ad Blocker, user-friendly interface, and plenty of other useful features make it ideal to replace your default Android TV web browser.
This browser is completely free to use, and don’t have to pay a single penny to access the app features. But, the UC Browser is not available on the TV Store, you have to install it manually on your Android TV.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step procedure of installing UC Browser on Android TV. So let’s get started and dig deep dive into it.
Benefits of UC Browser on Android Smart TV
Installing UC Browser on your Android TV can be a game changer. Let’s explore some of the key benefits of UC Browser on Android Smart TV:
- User-Friendly Interface: UC Browser provides a simple and user-friendly interface optimized for TV screens, making it easy to navigate and browse websites.
- Fast and Smooth Browsing: With its advanced rendering engine, UC Browser ensures fast and smooth browsing, allowing you to explore websites without any lag.
- Customizable Homepage: UC Browser allows you to customize the homepage with your favorite websites and shortcuts, providing quick access to your preferred content.
- Video Playback Support: UC Browser offers seamless video playback on Android TV, supporting various video formats and resolutions.
- Ad Blocker: Say goodbye to annoying ads while browsing. UC Browser’s built-in ad blocker helps eliminate intrusive advertisements, providing a cleaner browsing experience.
- Free Cloud Storage: UC Browser offers 20 GB of free online cloud storage to store your important files.
- Data Saving: UC Browser comes with Data Saving Mode, which can save your internet data, but this option comes in handy, when you are on mobile and using the mobile data.
How to Install UC Browser on Android Smart TV?
As the UC Browser app is not available on the TV Store, you have to sideload the app on Android TV to get the job done. So let’s start the procedure:
- First of all, make sure your Android TV is connected to a stable internet connection.
- So, to get the UC Browser on Android Smart TV, we have to download the UC Browser APK file first. So to do that, you can use your smartphone.
- Just open Google on your smartphone and search for the “Download UC Browser APK file” term in the search bar.
- Now, make sure to use the trusted website to download the UC Browser APK file, We recommend you go for the same link.
- Next, Click on the Download button.
- After clicking the Download button, a pop-up will appear, Just Click on Download Anyway to start the download process and wait until the download is finished.
- Now, Open the Google Drive app on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the Rectangular Plus icon, and Tap on Upload to Upload the UC Browser APK file on your Google Drive.
- As the UC Browser APK file is in the Download folder on your Smartphone. So, We have to open the Download Folder.
- To open the Download folder on Google Drive, Tap on the Hamburger icon.
- Now, Tap on the Download Folder from the options.
- And, Select the UC Browser APK file and wait until the upload is finished.
Once the APK file is uploaded, our work is halfway done. Now move towards your Android Smart TV and complete the rest of the work.
- From the Home Screen of your Android TV, Navigate toward the Apps tab via your Android TV remote.
Now, in order to access the UC Browser APK file from Google Drive on our Android Smart TV, we have to install an app called “File Commander” on our Android Smart TV.
- Search File Commander in the TV Store and Select the Install button to install the File Commander app on your Android Smart TV.
- To Enable the Install Apps from Unknown Resources, Navigate to your Android TV Settings.
- From Settings, Select the Apps section.
- Now, Go to Security & Restrictions section.
- Then, Select Unknown Sources.
- Toggle Enable the File Commander option. It will allow you to install APK files using the File Commander.
- Now Open the File Commander app on your Android TV.
- When you first time open the File Commander app, it will ask you to Allow the File Commander app to access your Android TV Files, Simply Select Allow and Continue.
- From the Left Side Menu, Navigate to the Cloud Sync option then Select Google Drive, and use the same Google Account in which we have stored the UC Browser APK file earlier.
- After that, Locate the UC Browser APK file and Tap on the APK File to install the APK file.
- Simply select the Install button and wait for the app to be Installed.
Once the Installation process is completed, you can access the UC Browser from your Android Smart TV home screen. You can now use the UC Browser to surf the web more securely and at a relatively fast speed.
How to Fix UC Browser Not Working on Android TV
If you face any issues while surfing the web on the UC Browser, then here are some of the most reported errors along with their solutions.
- Poor Internet Connection: As the UC Browser is fast and uses less data, it does not mean it can perform well on a poor data connection. If you are facing slow web load speeds, it may be an internet issue. Check your internet connection or try to connect to alternative wifi.
- Clear App Cache and Data: If you face wired type of glitched random crashes on the UC Browser app, then a simple solution to all these problems is to clear the app cache and data.
- Update UC Browser: Always make sure you are using the latest version of UC Browser to get rid of most of the problems. As the app is not available on the TV store, you have to manually check for the latest version of the UC Browser.
- Restart UC Browser: Sometimes, a simple app restart can fix most of the issues.
- Restart Android Smart TV: Maybe the problems exist in your Android TV device, try to restart and see if the problem is solved or not.
Lastly, if the problems remain the same, contact the UC Browser support team (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and seek further help.
Other Smart TV Installation Guides
- How to Install Apps on Toshiba Smart TV?
- How to Install Downloader App on Android TV?
- How to Install Downloader Apps on Smart TV?
You can also try to update your Smart TV, and try connecting to other wifi networks. If the problem remains.
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.