Agoda is among the most trustable booking company based in Singapore. You can book hotels, accommodations, and houses for rent at a very reasonable price. To get started with Agoda, you just have to signup, up by using your personal email address, and that’s all.
If you have used your personal email address while creating an Agoda account. Agoda will send you marketing, promotional, discounts, and offers emails. If you want to stop Agoda from sending you these emails, then you can delete your Agoda account permanently.
Why does Agoda Send me Emails?
The main problem with these types of companies is marketing. And, Agoda isn’t different from others. Agoda sends you marketing and other promotional emails to your email address. This can be annoying, especially when you are enjoying your holidays.
Even, after the trip or hotel is booked, Agoda did not stop either, it just keeps sending your marketing emails on regular basis, regarding Agoda discounted offers. The only hope left for you is to close your Agoda account permanently.
How to Delete Agoda Account Permanently
The one thing that is important, Agoda does not provide the direct option to delete Agoda account permanently, either on their website or the Android & IOS app. You have to send them an email manually, to request account deletion.
So just follow the procedure to delete your Agoda account:
- Open your web browser and head toward the Agoda website [https://www.agoda.com/].
- Click on the Sign in button to log in to your Agoda account. [Signing into your Agoda account is important.]
- Now enter the correct login information, and after that click on the Sign in button.
- Now, scroll down to the end of the website, and in the footer section of the website, you can find Help Center, click on that.
- In case you did not find that, here’s a direct link to the Agoda Contact page [https://www.agoda.com/info/contact.html].
- Once, you’re on the Agoda Contact Page. Click on the button labeled Contact Agoda Customer Service.
- Now, you’re communicating with Agoda customer service. A new popup screen will appear on the left side of the screen and will load a bunch of queries for you. Just select Contact Agoda from the list of queries.
- Next, it will ask for your Agoda email address. Enter your Agoda account email address and press enter to hit the blue button.
- Next, you have to provide either your Agoda booking ID or your credit card number.
- After that, in the message box, type “I want to Delete my Agoda Account” and hit enter or press the blue button.
After that, you successfully requested Agoda for your account deletion. You just have to wait, it may take some time to delete your Agoda account. Once, your Agoda account is deleted, all the marketing emails stop on their own.
Alternate Method: Delete Agoda account using Email
- Open the Agoda website and make sure to Sign in to your Agoda account.
- Again, find the Agoda Contact page, by clicking on the Help Center at the bottom of the website.
- From there select Email Form, and enter the email address of your Agoda account.
- In the Category section, you can either go with the Technical Error option or the Report a Problem with the Website option.
- In the message box, type “I want to Delete my Agoda account” and hit enter or click on the Submit button to send the message.
After that, your request has been submitted against closing your Agoda account permanently. As, it will take some time to complete, so be patient.
How to Opting Out of Agoda Marketing Mails
Since Agoda is a very useful app, especially for travelers. If you further want to use Agoda in the future and want to get rid of Agoda marketing emails without losing access to your Agoda account.
You can simply opt out of Agoda Marketing emails. Just follow the procedure listed below:
- Open the Agoda website, and click on the Sign in button.
- Use the correct login credentials to log in to your Agoda account.
- Click on your Agoda profile icon, this will reveal a list of options.
- Just choose the Profile option from the list.
- Scroll down and in the email subscriptions, make changes to the newsletter by checking the Never option, while toggling off all the remaining options
Now, you have successfully turned off all the promotional as well as marketing emails from the Agoda newsletter.
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.