Are you using Instagram habitually? If you are, searching for an easy solution for Fix Cannot React to Instagram Messages by Using Emojis, then this article consists of a solution for this problem.
Instagram is one of the most popular and fascinating platforms on social media. It not only allows you to upload your content, but Through non-stop messaging and comments it keeps you in contact with your friends, You can share moments on it and can also express yourself on it. Due to all these features, it is becoming more popular and well-known.
Nevertheless, message reactions not working on Instagram are faced by many Instagrammers. In this article, you will learn how to react to messages on Instagram and the precautions you need to take when you are unable to react directly to Instagram messages by using Emojis.
What is the Instagram Message Reaction Feature?
Instagram Message Reaction Feature allows you to react to messages directly by using Emojis like hearts, thumbs up, and many more. This feature helps to show your emotions to your friends without typing something.
To use Instagram direct message reactions, press and hold the message on which you want to react, then tap on to emoji that you want from the list of emojis. There is a plus icon on the list of emojis which consists of a lot of emojis.
Reason for Cannot React to Instagram Messages by Using Emojis
There are many reasons you can not react to Instagram messages. The following are some of them:
- Reason 1: Poor Internet Connection
- Reason 2: Outdated Instagram App
- Reason 3: Non-updated version of Instagram Messaging
- Reason 4: Someone Blocked You
- Reason 5: Using the Instagram Lite App
Reason 1: Poor Internet Connection
If you are experiencing problems and are unable to react to messages on the Instagram app, the internet connection you are using may be a poor connection. If you are not connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi you will be unable to react directly to messages.
Reason 2: Outdated Instagram App
If you are using the outdated Instagram app, you can not send direct messages, in fact in some cases the whole Instagram app becomes useless. So install an updated version of the Instagram app available on the App and Play Store on your mobile phone.
Reason 3: A Non updated version of Instagram Messaging
One reason for not being able to react to messages is using the old version of Instagram Messaging. The latest and Updated version of Insta messaging allows you to react directly to messages as well as to perform other functions.
Reason 4: Someone Blocked You
If the privacy setting is not been blocked or restricted by the person, to whom you the message you want to react, you will be unable to react to messages of that user on Instagram.
Reason 5: Using the Instagram Lite App
Using Instagram Lite may also be a reason for not being able to react to the messages. Instagram Lite has very limited functions. Due to its limited functions, it is unable to react to messages on Instagram.
Fix Cannot React to Instagram Messages by Using Emojis
If you are facing problems while reacting to messages by using Emojis, Here is a list of solutions to fix this issue:
- Solution 1: Check your Internet Connection
- Solution 2: Update Instagram App
- Solution 3: Update Instagram Messaging
- Solution 4: Checking of Privacy Setting
- Solution 5: Clear Instagram App Cache and Data
- Solution 6: Force Stop, Close, or Install the Instagram App again
- Solution 7: Log out of your Instagram Account
- Solution 8: Report a Problem for Messages Reaction Feature on Instagram
Solution 1: Check your Internet Connection
Make sure that you have a stable Wi-Fi or mobile data internet connection to use not only the react to Instagram messages feature but the whole Instagram app.
Solution 2: Update Instagram App
Confirm that you are using an updated version of the Instagram App. If you have not, go to your App or Play Store and update your Instagram to the latest version available.
Solution 3: Update Messaging on Instagram
If you are unable to react to messages using emojis, you will have to update the messaging on Instagram. If you want to react directly to Instagram Messages, you will have to Upgrade your Instagram Messaging.
For updating messages on Instagram, first, open your Instagram Profile > click on three lines(menu) > press Settings > then again press on Update Messaging > then hit the update button.
Solution 4: See if Someone Blocked You
Confirm that the message of a person to which you are going to react has not been restricted or blocked the messages. If you have applied restrictions on the user messages you can not react to messages.
First, log out from your Instagram account, use another Instagram account, and see if the message reaction feature is working on that post or not. If it worked, it confirms that person has definitely restricted you or blocked you.
Solution 5: Clear Instagram Cache and data
Clearing the cache and data of the Instagram app will certainly solve most of the problems, but you can use this method for Android. For IOS devices you have to delete the app and reinstall the apps, to clear the cache of the Instagram app on your iPhone. Following are some steps to clear data:
- Open your device Settings.
- Select Apps or App Management. (similar option in your device settings)
- Then in the list of apps search for Instagram App.
- Tap on Storage and Tap on the Clear Cache button.
Solution 6: Force Stop, Close, or Install the Instagram App again
If you are on Android, you can force-stop the Instagram app. Use the following steps to perform a force stop on Instagram apps:
- Go to your device Settings app.
- Search for the option Apps or App Management in your device setting app.
- In App management, search for the Instagram app, by using the search bar. Tap on Instagram and you will see a bunch of options. From those options Tap on Force Stop.
On the other hand, if you are on iPhone you can close the Instagram app and open it again. First, force stop, close Instagram, and restart it, If this resolves the problem. Otherwise, you will have to install the Instagram app again.
Solution 7: Log out of your Instagram Account
By just logging out and logging in again to your Instagram account can refresh all the contents of the Instagram app and fix issues. The below method works for both Android and iPhone devices.
- launch the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Tap on your Instagram Profile icon.
- Tap on 3 horizontal lines on your Instagram profile page.
- Select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the end, and Tap on Logout.
After logging out again log in to your Instagram account and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 8: Report a Problem for Messages Reaction Not Working on Instagram
You can also report a problem with message reaction not working on the Instagram app. The Instagram team will look into this issue and try to resolve your issue. To do that follow these steps:
- First of all Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Tap on your Instagram profile icon. This will take you to the profile section of your Instagram account.
- Tap on the hamburger icon.
- Select the Settings option from the list of options.
- Tap on the Help option at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the first option, Report a problem.
- Tap on Report A Problem and make sure to toggle disable the “Shake phone to report a problem” option.
- Now it’s on you, whether you want to include complete logs and diagnostics data in your problem. If yes, Tap on Include and Continue, otherwise tap on Don’t Include and Continue button.
- Now you have to provide the information regarding the problem with Instagram, as our issue is with the message reaction feature on Instagram. So write the issue and Tap on Send.
How to Use Messages Reaction Feature on Instagram
If you are unfamiliar with the message reaction feature on Instagram. In the above section, you will learn the basics of message reactions on the Instagram app or on the web.
React to Messages on Instagram by using Mobile Apps:
If you are an Android or iPhone device user, here are some steps in which to learn how to react to Instagram messages with Emojis.
- Open the Instagram app on your Mobile Phone and head towards your Direct Messaging by hitting the Messaging icon from Instagram Home.
- Pick the Conversation to which you want to react.
- Tap and hold the message and you will see a pop-up emoji icon.
- Choose your preferred emoji from the emojis list. You can also customize the emoji with which you want to react, by tapping on the ( + ) icon.
React to Messages on Instagram By Using Web:
If you are a PC or browser device user, here are some steps in which to learn how to react to Instagram messages with Emojis.
- Open your preferred web browser and open the Instagram website, then Log In to your Instagram account.
- Select the Messages section from the right side.
- Choose the conversation on which you want to react, and flicker the cursor over the message. Then a Smiley face will appear.
- After clicking on to Smiley icon you will see different and a lot of emojis, Choose the preferred one from the emoji icon.
The emoji you selected will show a reaction to the receiver by notification.
Instagram Related Articles:
- How To Make Yourself Appear Offline On Instagram
- How To Insert Location On Instagram
- How To Update Instagram Email Address
- How To Hide Instagram Followers
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.