Being a successful TikToker, you may come across comment management problems. The solutions to comment management problems are pretty straightforward. Just limit comments on TikTok, turn off comments on TikTok videos completely, or enable comment moderation to manually approve all the comments.
So, we will gonna take a look at this issue and help you in this regard. You will learn everything related to comments filtration and limitation in this article.
TikTok’s Default Comment Privacy
As most of you may already be aware of TikTok’s default comment limitations. If any user writes a comment that is against TikTok community guidelines, TikTok automatically suspends the post on the spot.
TikTok’s Default comment limitations system suspends comments, which include spammy, negative, threatening, and bullying-related comments.
But, even having stock comment filter features, there may be some comments that TikTok’s comment limitation feature did not filter out. So in that case, we need to do some manual work to get rid of TikTok unwanted comments.
So in the end there are only selected options left for you, to get rid of TikTok’s spammy, negative, and bullying comments. So let’s see these options one by one.
How to Limit Comments on TikTok Videos
The very first and our favorite option is applying limitations on comments on TikTok videos on the TikTok app. For iPhone users, the process is the same, because the IOS TikTok interface is quite similar to Android’s TikTok version. So let’s see how to limit comments on TikTok for all videos:
- Launch the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Once you were on your TikTok profile page.
- Tap on the 3 horizontal lines, on the top right corner of your smartphone’s screen.
- Next on the bottom side of the screen, Tap on the Settings and Privacy option.
- After that under the Account option, Tap on the Privacy option.
- Scroll down a little bit, and in the Interactions section, Tap on the Comments option.
- From there you have full control over comments that will be published on your TikTok videos. This option effect the entire TikTok videos. Just tap on the Comments option, which is the very first option.
- Next, select either the second option “Followers that you follow back” or the third option “No one“.
So if you go with the “Followers that you follow back option“, users that followed you on your TikTok account will only be able to publish comments only on your videos. While the third option “No one“, simply means that you completely disabled the comments on all of your TikTok videos.
One thing that is necessary to keep in mind, as there are global settings, this will affect your entire TikTok account videos.
How to Limit Comments on a Specific TikTok Video
If you are receiving abusive comments on a specific TikTok video. Then rather than limiting comments on all TikTok videos, you can limit comments on a specific TikTok Video.
- Open the TikTok app, and Tap on your TikTok profile icon.
- Select the TikTok post, that is getting abusive comments.
- Tap on the 3 dots under the ribbon icon.
- And scroll to the left side and find the option Privacy Settings. Tap on the Privacy Settings.
- Toggle disable the option “Allow Comments button“.
After that, no one will be able to post comments on that TikTok video. Not even your followers.
How to Use Filter Comments on TikTok Videos
This option basically allows you to block comments automatically on your TikTok videos based on the keyword you choose in the Filter Comments option. This option is perfect for different types of scenarios.
For instance, if you want to block specific comments on your TikTok videos, that are abusive in your native language, but do not make any sense in the English language.
So let’s see how to use Filter comments on all your TikTok videos:
- Launch the TikTok app, and open your TikTok Profile.
- Tap on the 3 horizontal lines, on your profile.
- Select Settings and Privacy, from the list of options.
- Tap on the Privacy option, and Tap on the Comments option.
- And now, toggle on the Filter Keywords option.
- Once the option is enabled, you can see a Add Keywords filed under that option. Just type the word that you want to block from appearing in your TikTok videos comment section.
This process also applies the filter to your entire TikTok video comments. So make sure to don’t overcrowd the keywords, and do not use any type of normally used English words.
How to Enable Comment Approval on TikTok Videos
When this option is enabled, TikTok will hold the comment for moderation. And did not display the comments publically on your TikTok’s comment section, until you manually review the comments. So this option has its own specific case scenario.
Actually, the option lies just under the Comments option.
- Open TikTok on your smartphone and go to your TikTok profile.
- From the TikTok profile, Tap on 3 horizontal lines, and select Settings and Privacy.
- Now in TikTok account settings, Select the Privacy option,
- After that, Tap on the Comments option.
- Toggle enable the option Filter all Comments.
After that, whenever a user post comment on your TikTok video, it will not display, until you review the comment. The user did not notice, that his/her comment is held for moderation.
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.