Delta is a Greek Letter that has two symbols generally (Δ, δ), and has many meanings. These symbols are used in math and science in particular. It is very common among people, even a regular person might come across the Greek letter delta.
Delta stands for the number 4. It comes in two different forms: (Δ)Upper case Delta and (δ)Lower case Delta. It is written as d or DH in Latin. The delta is also shown as a triangle. You can easily insert the Delta symbol in Windows, Android, macOS, IOS, And Google Docs.
Insert Delta Symbol in Windows
Basically, you can enter the Delta symbol in Windows in two different ways: One is using the keyboard Numpad AND the second is using Character Map.
Insert Delta Symbol Using Keyboard
You can insert Delta Symbol Using Keyboard, If your keyboard has numeric keys, then you can use this method. Otherwise go for the alternate, Character method.
- First of all, make sure to toggle ON the Numlock. On Some PC you may need to hold Fn+ Numlock to toggle ON the Numlock. The main purpose is to turn on the Numlock keys.
- Hold down the Alt key, and press 916 on the Numlock. And be sure to type 916 while holding down the Alt key.
Insert Delta Symbol Using Character Map
If you don’t have Numpad on your keyboard, you can still insert the delta symbol on windows. You can insert Delta Symbol Using Character Map;
- Tap the Search Bar at the bottom of the Windows screen.
- Type Character Map and then click Open.
- At the bottom, click on Advanced view to get the search bar.
- Type Delta in the search box and click the Search button to find the symbol.
- Choose the delta symbol in upper or lower case and click the Copy button to copy it.
- Now you can use the Delta symbol, wherever you want.
Insert Delta Symbol in Android
If you want to insert Delta Symbol in Android. You can do so by installing a third-party application called dxMath. Follow these steps to insert the delta symbol in android;
- Download the dxMath app from Google Play Store.
- Navigate to Settings 🠊 Additional Settings 🠊 Languages & Input 🠊 Manage Keyboard 🠊 Turn on dxMath Keyboard.
- Open any text editor, like Word,…etc. When you try to enter some text, a prompt will appear, that will ask you to Choose the Input method. The default app will be Google Keyboard input.
- But you have to change it to the dxMath English US.
- After that click on the upper arrow icon, on the upper side of the keyboard.
- This will reveal some basic math arithmetic symbols. Click on alpha, beta, and gamma symbols as shown in the figure.
Now you have a bunch of greek letter symbols, which you can put anywhere. You don’t have to copy the code, you can insert the delta symbol anywhere, as long as you use dxMath Keyboard as your default keyboard input method.
How to Insert Delta Symbol on Mac
- To open the Character Viewer, press the Command + Control + Space keys on your keyboard.
- To make the dialogue box bigger, click the Palette icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap the Greek button on the left side of the screen.
- Now, choose the Delta symbol from the list to add it. Or, type Delta into the Search box in the upper-right corner.
How to Insert Delta Symbol in IOS
Unfortunately, there is currently no fixed way to insert the delta symbol in IOS like Android. So you have to copy and paste the Delta Symbol in your clipboard to use the delta symbol across your IOS.
How to insert Delta Symbol in Google Docs
By using the Insert special characters dialogue box, you can add the Delta symbol and other symbols. So let’s see how can we add the delta symbol in Google Docs;
- Place the cursor where you want to put the Delta symbol in the document.
- Use the menu to choose Insert. A pull-down menu shows up.
- Click on Special characters. A dialogue box shows up.
- Choose the sign you want to use, OR simply type Delta in the search bar.
- Click on the delta symbol and it will be added to your Google Doc.