Smart TVs need to be updated on regular basis. As new and new features were introduced with new updates, it became crucial to update Smart TVs System to the latest version. Did you know that new updates not only increase the performance of electronic devices but also reduce the risk of security issues?
How to Update Toshiba Smart TVs
Since each Toshiba Smart TV has a different settings menu, the process for updating each one will be different. At the moment, there are four different types of Toshiba Smart TVs:
- Toshiba Android TV
- Toshiba Google TV
- Toshiba Fire TV
- Toshiba Vidaa TV
So in this article, we were gonna discuss How to Update Toshiba Smart TVs? So let’s get started and get deep dive into it.
Guide to Update Toshiba Android TV
If you have a Toshiba Android TV. Follow these step-by-step guides to update the Toshiba Android TV. Keep in mind one thing, after downloading the firmware, your Smart tv will restart and after restarting, the upgrade process will start. During this process, don’t turn off the TV or unplug it from the main supply. This will brick your Smart TV mainboard.
- Power on your Toshiba TV and make sure it’s connected to the internet through an ethernet cable.
- Tap the Setting icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose the menu that says Device Preferences.
- Tap the About link at the top of the next page.
- Click on the menu that says System update.
- The Toshiba Smart TV will try to find out the latest system update available.
- Tap the Download button.
- Click the Restart Now button after you’ve downloaded the firmware.
- When you restart, the latest version of Toshiba Android TV will be put in.
Guide to Update Toshiba Google TV
If you have a Toshiba Google TV. Follow these step-by-step guides to update the Toshiba Google TV.
- Turn on your Toshiba Google TV and use the home screen to get to the Menu Bar.
- Tap on your Profile Icon and then tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and click on System settings.
- Select About from the menu.
- Tap on the option to Update The System.
- Click on Download, then Restart the Toshiba Smart TV to update the firmware to the latest version.
Guide to Update Toshiba Fire TV
If you have a Toshiba Fire TV. Follow these step-by-step guides to update Toshiba Fire TV.
- The process of updating the Fire TV is the same as updating the Firestick device.
- Go to the Settings menu from your home screen.
- Choose the My Fire TV menu from the Settings Menu.
- Select About from the list of choices.
- Choose Check for System Update to make sure your TV has the latest version of Fire OS.
Guide to Update Toshiba Vidaa TV
If you have a Toshiba Vidaa TV. Follow these step-by-step guides to update Toshiba Vidaa TV.
- Turn on your Toshiba Smart TV and use the menu bar to tap the Settings icon.
- Choose the menu that says System Settings.
- Choose Help > System Upgrade.
- Tap the option that says Firmware Upgrade, and then wait for the firmware to download.
- To install the firmware, turn off the TV and then turn it back on. The latest firmware will automatically be installed during the startup process.
So after reading this article, we hope so you will be able to update your Toshiba Smart TV. Although Toshiba has been a well-known name in consumer electronics for quite some time, the company’s most popular products these days are Smart TVs, particularly entry-level and mid-range models that go up against models from Amazon, Insignia, TCL, and Hisense.