Chromebook lacks some of the basic desktop features like editing, making minor changes to the PDF files, splitting PDF files, combining PDF files, and copying text from the PDF files. This may look like not a big deal for someone, but in reality, these are among those basic tasks, which we do on regular basis.
So, here we need an app that can do all the above tasks easily and effortlessly. Adobe Readers is a perfect app for this specific purpose. But Adobe’s official website does not have any Chromebook-supported Adobe Reader version.
So in this article how can you get Adobe Reader on Chromebook? So let’s get started and dig deep dive into it.
How to Get Adobe Acrobat Reader on Chromebook
Since there is no specific version of Adobe Reader available for Chromebook, you have to go for alternative methods. Such as using the Play Store, and installing chrome extensions. So let’s take a look at all the available methods to get Adobe Reader on Chromebook.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader on Chromebook using Google Play Store
In case you don’t know, you can directly install apps on your Chromebook using Google Play Store. But you have to update your Chrome OS version to the latest one. So just follow the instructions to install Adobe Reader from Google Play Store:
- First of all open the Google Play Store on your Chromebook. You can also search for Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
- Use the Search Bar and search for Adobe Reader, in most cases you can find Adobe Reader on Google Play Store home screen. Tap on the Adobe Reader icon.
- Alternatively, you can also use the link to open Adobe Reader downloading page on your Chromebook directly.
- After that just click on the Install button, and the rest of the process is automatic, it will automatically download and install Adobe Reader on your Chromebook.
- Once Adobe Reader is installed on your Chromebook, click on the open button to open Adobe Reader.
Eventually, So that’s how you can get Adobe Reader for Chromebook. Now, you can make modifications to your PDF files on your Chromebook.
How to Find & Open Adobe Acrobat Reader on Chromebook
If you ever wonder, after installation of Adobe Reader, where you can find Adobe Reader on the Chromebook. So next we will see how can you find Adobe Acrobat for Chromebook.
Actually, all the apps installed on your Chromebook are available in App Drawer. App Drawer is simply like a drawer, where you can access all the apps installed on your Chromebook. Adobe Reader will also be available in App Drawer, after the installation process.
So, in order to access Adobe Reader on your Chromebook via App Drawer follow the procedure:
- First of all click on the Launcher button on your Chromebook, which is just like a circle icon, located at the left side of your taskbar.
- Right after clicking the Launcher button. You can see the recently installed apps.
- Next click on the Arrow Up icon to reveal the App Drawer on Chromebook
- After that, scroll down the entire apps list and search for an app named Adobe Acrobat.
So that’s how you can find the Adobe Acrobat app on Chromebook. This process is not only implemented on this specific app but also implies every app you installed on the Chromebook.
Get Adobe Acrobat for Chromebook Using Web Version
In case you did not know, Adobe Reader has a web version also, which does not require any installation. It allows you to directly use Adobe Reader right on your browser. So how can you access the Adobe Acrobat Reader web version on Chromebook?
- Open your Google Chrome browser on your Chromebook. You can use other web browsers also if you want.
- Open the Adobe Reader website on your browser.
- It will ask for Sign In, Use the Given Sign in Method to log in to your Adobe Account or click on Create an account to make a new one.
- After Signing in to your Adobe account. You can now use the Web version of Adobe Acrobat reader to make modifications to your PDF files.
Furthermore, if you want more advanced features of Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can think of subscribing to one of their paid plans.
Get Acrobat Reader on Chromebook using the Creative Cloud app
You can also use the Creative Cloud app to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on Chromebook. As Adobe Acrobat is a product of Creative Cloud apps, so you can directly install Adobe Acrobat Reader using the Creative Cloud app on your Chromebook.
- Launch the Creative Cloud app on your Chromebook.
- Click on the Download icon under Adobe Acrobat on the Creative Cloud, to start the Adobe Acrobat Installation process.
- Once the download is finished it will automatically start the installation process. After the installation is completed, again open the Creative Cloud app, and this time you can see a shortcut to open Adobe Acrobat.
So this process is pretty straightforward and does not require much manual work. This process is best for beginner Chromebook users.
Get Adobe Acrobat Extension for Chromebook
So, this method is only for those users, who are using old Chromebook and are stuck on old Chromebook OS versions. This method is not recommended, as the Adobe Acrobat Extension has so many limitations in it, that it makes totally useless.
It lacks most of the basic PDF features that a user need. So that’s why this method is recommended for only old Chromebook OS users.
- Open your Google Chrome web browser, and search for Chrome Web Store. It does not matter if you are not using Google Chrome, as Chrome extensions are supported by almost all browsers.
- Use the Search bar and type Adobe Acrobat in the search bar and press enter button.
- Find the Adobe Acrobat Extension from the search results. Once you find the extension click on the extension.
- Click on Add to Chrome button to install the extension on your Chromebook browser.
- Wait for the Popup that says Add Extension or Cancel. Click on Add Extension button, to finish the extension installation process.
So after the extension is installed on your browser, you can use the extension to open and read files. Because, as mentioned earlier Adobe Acrobat extension has so many limitations.
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.