Bitbucket is an online web-based app that is kind of similar to GIT. With Bitbucket you can perform the same functions like managing source code and reviewing and merging source codes of your project, which makes it easy, especially when working on a big project with a team.
However, if your project is done, and the Bitbucket account is no longer in use. But, constantly receive annoying notifications from Bitbucket. You should consider making the decision to delete Bitbucket account. Deleting a Bitbucket account can be complicated, but after reading this guide, this will not be an issue for you.
Is it Possible to Delete Bitbucket Account?
Yes, you can delete your Bitbucket account, anytime you want to be. Just follow the instructions that will guide you. Make sure that, this process is irreversible and once your Bitbucket account is deleted, there’s no way to recover it.
All the information and data related to your Bitbucket account will be deleted including your repositories, so it is recommended to take a full backup of all the important data before you continue.
How to Delete Bitbucket Account?
- Launch your browser and go to the Bitbucket website. Also, make sure to log in to your Bitbucket account.
- Once, you’ve logged into your Bitbucket account, from there click on your Bitbucket profile icon.
- Then select and click on the Manage Account option from the drop-down list.
- Next, click on the Account Settings option, by using the left-side section menu.
- Under the Account Settings, section click on the Security option.
- And you’ll be redirected to your Bitbucket account security settings.
- From there click on the Delete Account option.
- Bitbucket will verify the account deletion decision, by asking for Bitbucket account password.
- After that click on the Confirm button.
How to Delete Bitbucket Repository?
- Log into your Bitbucket account.
- Click on the Your Repository name.
- In your Repository click on the Repository Settings using the left side menu.
- Click on the Manage Repository and select and click on the Delete Repository option.
And after that, your Bitbucket repository will be deleted, you can also archive your Bitbucket repository instead of deleting it permanently. Archiving just pauses your Bitbucket repository temporarily, while deleting just permanently deletes the data and all the source code associated with that repository.
So choose the options wisely, and make sure to take a backup before you archive or delete Bitbucket repository.
After that, your Bitbucket account will be deleted. All the information, related to your account, such as personal information, payment methods, and even all the source code, team members access everything associated with your Bitbucket account will be deleted.
The process will take usually 10 to 1 hour to complete. During the deletion process, your Bitbucket account will be logged off from all your devices.
- How to Delete Loyalfans Account?
- How to Delete Blued Account?
- How to Delete Agoda Account?
- How to Delete Bitfinex Account?
- How to Delete Blockchain Account?
As you have seen, the process is not that complicated at all. Just, follow the instructions explained above. Alternatively, you can also use Atlassian Support, where you can simply select the Bitbucket support, and seek further information regarding deleting your Bitbucket account.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my repositories after I delete Bitbucket account?
Simple, your repositories will also be permanently deleted from your Bitbucket account. It is recommended to take a backup of your Bitbucket account and repositories before you continue.
How can I recover my Bitbucket account once I delete Bitbucket account?
Unfortunately, there is no way to recover your deleted Bitbucket account, as deleting your Bitbucket account is an irreversible and permanent process.