If you are tired of Gmail’s default text formatting, or you are facing difficulties, working with Gmail’s default font settings. Well, you can get rid of this issue, by simply customizing your Gmail account fonts.
In case you did not know, Gmail lets you change Gmail fonts according to your taste. You can customize Gmail font style, font size, font type, and much more.
So let’s get right into it. The answers to these questions will be answered in this article. So make sure to stick to the end.
How to Customize Gmail Fonts Style on Desktop?
Basically, you have two options, when it comes to customizing Gmail fonts. You can either, change Gmail fonts temporarily, or change Gmail fonts permanently. So let’s discuss both methods in detail.
How to Change Gmail Fonts Style & Formatting?
If you just composing or replying to someone on Gmail, you can change the font style, size, color, and formatting, right on the way. You just have to select the text and change the formatting using Gmail Formatting Options in the Composer Bar.
Formatting Bar provides so much functionality to your message. It lets you bold text, insert links in the text, and many other things hassle-free.
For instance, suppose, I have some text. And I want to customize the text. I will just select the text, that I want to format. And use the handy tools Gmail provides at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Compose button on the left side of the Gmail account.
- After that, a small window will appear, listing all the formatting tools you ever need.
- You can use these formatting tools to customize your text according to your preference.
- If you want to change the font style, click on the down arrow next to the sans-serif labeled font. From there a list of fonts offered by Gmail will be displayed. Choose the appropriate font.
- And, here you happen to change your Gmail Font size. Just click on the icon as shown in the image below.
- You can also change the Font Formatting, such as you can make the Text Bold, Underlined, or Italic on Gmail.
- You can also change the Text Background Color & Text Color on Gmail.
- You can also change the Text Alignment on Gmail. Click on the drop-down arrow to extend more options for alignment.
- You can also make Unordered or Ordered lists on Gmail.
How to Change Gmail Default Fonts Settings?
On the other hand, if you want to change Gmail font style globally. Then you might need to change it from Gmail Default Text settings. Just follow the procedure listed below:
- Open your preferred web browser and open your Gmail account (https://mail.google.com/mail/u/). And also make sure to log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Settings icon. This will further display some basic Gmail settings. We need to go deep, so click on See All Settings.
- Once you are on the Gmail Settings page, under the General tab, see for option Default Text Style in the General tab. From here you can customize Gmail text according to your preference.
- Once you feel confident with the settings, scroll down to the end and click on the Save Changes button.
How to Customize Gmail Fonts Style on Smartphone?
If you use your mobile to write emails. You can format text on the Gmail mobile app. Next, follow the procedure listed below:
- Open the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Compose button, and after that write the text you want.
- Once you have written down all the text.
- Double-tap on the word you want to format. This will make a selection of the word, or you can also select the whole line, or paragraph, according to your preference.
- After that choose the Format option.
- After that, a bunch of Formatting Options will appear on the bottom of your mobile screen. From there, you have access to all the features required for formatting text on the Gmail app.
In the Gmail mobile app, you cannot change the Font Size. You have to change your mobile global text settings. But I will recommend that you not change the font size on your mobile. This can be frustrating in some cases.
If you want to access the Gmail default font settings on the Gmail app, then you might not be able to do that. To Gmail default font settings can only be changed through the Gmail Desktop site.