Social Media makes us connected to the world. Instagram is not different from other social media platforms. Social Media often use trackers to display, whether the user is offline or online on their platform.
Instagram Activity Status tracks and displays the status of the user, to your Instagram Followers. But, sometimes staying online often creates problems or distracts you. There may be many reasons out there, for hiding your online status on Instagram.
To get rid of those problems, we are here to help you out with this problem. So let’s see how can you make yourself appear offline on Instagram.
How to Hide Your Online Status on Instagram
In order to make yourself appear offline on Instagram, you have to disable/change your Instagram Activity Status. As the name suggests, this option shows your activity to other Instagrammers. Once you disable it from your Instagram Privacy settings.
Instagram will no longer display your online status, even if you are using your Instagram account. The real question is where to find the Instagram Activity Status option. The location of the option “Show Activity Status” is different for the Instagram website and Instagram app.
Reminder: If you disable your “Show Activity Status” on your Instagram account, you won’t be able to see other’s status also.
How to Appear Offline on Instagram App [Android]
Let’s see the procedure of how to appear offline on an Instagram app on Android. To do that, we will have to locate “Show Activity Status” on an Instagram app. So let’s start the actual procedure:
- First of all launch the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Make sure to login into your Instagram account.
- Next, Tap on your Instagram Profile icon.
- After that, Tap on the 3 horizontal lines aka hamburger icon to reveal more options.
- Tap on the Settings options from the list.
- And from Settings, Tap on the Privacy option.
- Now, scroll down a bit, and seek for Activity Status option. Tap on that option.
- Now, you can see that your Instagram Activity Status is set to toggle enable. To hide your activity status on Instagram, toggle disable the Show Activity Status.
So that’s how you can hide your online status on the Instagram platform, without being noticed.
How to Appear Offline on Instagram App [IOS]
For IOS devices, go for the following procedure.
- Launch the Instagram app for IOS on your IOS device.
- Tap on your Instagram Profile icon to open your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the hamburger icon to reveal more options.
- Tap on the Settings options.
- Next, in Settings, Tap on the Privacy option.
- Scroll down and see the option “Activity Status” in the Privacy settings.
- Toggle disable the Show Activity Status, to appear offline on an Instagram app on an IOS device.
So that’s how you can stop showing your online status to your Instagram followers.
How to Appear Offline on Instagram App [Windows]
If you want to do the same thing on your PC’s browser. Then follow these instructions:
- Open your preferred web browser and open the following link [https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/]. And make sure to log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on More on the left panel to reveal more options. And click on the Settings option.
After that on the right side of the panel, Click on Privacy and Security, in which you can see the Activity Status option. To disable your activity Status, un-check the Show Activity Status option.
So that’s how you can disable your activity status on Instagram websites.
Alternatively, if you want to appear offline temporarily on Instagram, just enable Airplane mode or log out of your Instagram account on your smartphone. But, we recommend you just disable the Instagram Activity Status. This is a genuine way of hiding yourself on the Instagram app.
So that’s it for now. Hope you like this article and find it interesting. If you have any type of queries related to this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section.